Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The "Bapron" (Baby Apron)

If you have young girls and you haven't checked out Craftiness is Not Optional, you really should.  I just discovered her blog and I'm happy that I'll soon have a reason to make all those sweet toddler girl dresses (I have this thing about spending a lot of time sewing a dress before a baby is old enough to stand up and show it off...)

I was making some things for a recent baby shower and found The Bapron on Jess's blog.  It seemed like a quick and easy addition to my gift since I was making doubles of everything (ah! twins!).  I was sad to see that the free pattern was archived and I couldn't get it without paying.  I really try not to pay for things if I can help it.  Jess was quick to send me a Bapron file so I could use it.  How sweet, don't you think?

I whipped up two of these in no time.  It would be even faster if you bought your bias tape already made.

I was also lucky enough to have a model on hand.

I love how they dip down to cover her lap.  It also goes around her waist to keep her little hands from getting under and lifting it up in her face right as I bring a spoonful of food to her mouth.

I vowed to make 5 or 6 for my daughter.  But I haven't yet (sniff).  Little Chloe could really use one of these when she soggies and mangles her biter biscuits.  I was thinking it would be good to make one in each of the colors of food she eats so stains would just blend in.

No comments:

Post a Comment