Wednesday, March 23, 2011

De-stash and no Cash - a 30 day Challenge

I came up with a challenge for myself a few hours ago.  A 30 crafts in 30 days de-stash challenge.  
Why?

I have been trying to de-clutter the house by getting rid of all the things we don't need.  I told my husband he needs to de-junk.  Since my craft room tends to be the most cluttered space in the house, my husband asked, "What are you going to do to de-junk your crafts?"

I told him that I don't need to de-junk my crafts.  I NEEEEEEEED all those things.  Still, I wanted to think of a way to de-clutter by using up some of the things I keep because "I might need them for a craft someday."

I had to set some rules for myself.  
1.  I can only use supplies I already own.  I can't buy ANYTHING to make any of the projects.
2.  I have to blog about the one craft each day for 30 days.
3.  I have to start tomorrow (March 24).

I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into. I'm feeling pretty excited though. Wish me luck.  

Why not join me?  Not for 30 days.  But one day.  Or a few days.  Support Spring Cleaning and put your stash to good use.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun idea!!! I will try to use what I have. I'm working on dresses for the girls but that doesn't really count since I bought everything I need so I'll have to come up with something new!!!

    ReplyDelete