Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Shirt Painting Fun

After having so much fun making this shirt, I thought I'd play around some more with fabric paint and dress up a few onesies while experimenting with freezer paper. I have been hearing about it and wanted to try it out.

Freezer paper is available at the grocery store. It's located next to the tin foil and plastic wrap. It's also cheaper than I expected. I got 150 feet for just over $5, and I'm pretty sure it's going to last me my whole life.

You can link to this blog to get some specifics on how to use freezer paper.

I started out by finding a few pictures I wanted to use. I traced them onto the freezer paper and then made a stencil by cutting out pieces with an exacto knife.

You can then peel the backing off the freezer paper and stick it on the shirt. Iron it on according to the directions on the box.
I just used a sponge to apply a thin layer of fabric paint to the onesie. Now you can see how this...(the freezer paper is super easy to peel off, by the way)
becomes this. And this....becomes this....
My only regret is that I used bigger sized onesies and have to wait until summer to have my baby wear them!

1 comment: